New South Wales Space Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Space Station of New South Wales

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gongshe

Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe Empty
PostSubject: Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe   Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 7:54 pm

(note: "Indies" is the local term for the Indian-descended refugees who have been seeking asylum in Chimatsuri for the past 100 or so years)

Saer Today: Racial Tension Grows Following Elegor Victory

Following the announcement of the presidential election result yesterday morning, a large group of Indies took to the streets to protest against alleged corruption in the voting system.

Their criticism comes after President Justice Elegor has been returned for a third term, whilst independent candidate Rosia Corr, born to Indian parents who migrated to Gongshe a year before her birth, was reported to have recieved only 18.3% of the overall vote.

One Corr supporter, an Indie who has chosen to remain anonymous, was quoted as saying "It's bloody ridiculous - Rosia's an amazing woman, has done all sorts of work for the less well-off, she's exactly what this country needs! That she only got 18% is a clear sign that the vote's been tampered with! Those bloody whities are gonna get what's coming to them, they can't keep knockin' out people like Rosie and getting away with it!"

When asked to comment on these allegations, the President said, smiling, "The system is fair. It exists simply to ensure that the people get the leader which is best for them -and, in this case, I think we can all see that the system's worked."
Back to top Go down
Chimatsuri

PostSubject: Re: Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe   Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 8:06 pm

The Chimatsuriite Forum: Citizen Witnesses Attempt On Gongshen President's Life

Kyra Dy'enn, of Turryl Province, witnessed an attempt to kill the President on Gongshe in what can only be assumed to be an attack linked to the alleged election rigging.

Ms Dy'enn, who has been in Saer to visit relatives, describes the incident as "absolutely terrifying. I was taking a walk through the city with my niece, and she pointed out the President's celebratory precession making it's way down the street, so we decided to stop and watch the parade. When the President's limo was maybe 50 metres from us, this group of people appeared out of nowhere, smashing the limo's windows, wielding knives and trying to get in at the President."

Following the incident, Ms Dy'enn cut her holiday short and returned to her home in Ire. "It wasn't safe for me to stay there. In fact, it's not safe for anyone until this mess gets sorted out!"

She calls for the government of Chimatsuri, and others in their region, to assist Gongshe in clearing this matter up as soon as possible. "Until a definite conclusion is made in regards to this tampering business, no one is safe. Not the President, nor his supporters, nor his critics and opposition. The violence will just keep getting worse."
Back to top Go down
NuerNeo

NuerNeo

PostSubject: Re: Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe   Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 9:04 pm

The People's Voice

Nuernian representative to Gongshe, Ryu Gilliard, gives his congradulations to President Justice Elegor's re-election, but shows no hint of further support for the president nor for Rosia Corr.

"It is unfortunate that such a situation has arose, that of both the attempt on President Elegor's life and the dispute on the legitimacy of the president's victory at the elections, however what is of paramount importance right now is to ensure that everyone remains calm during this ordeal." Were the words of Ryu Gilliard.

Light Amun, president of the NuerNeo Election Committee (NEC), an independent organisation that organises and maintains national, provincial and municipal elections of NuerNeo, commented on the situation, "The best solution to this predicament would be to have a recount of the ballots by an impartial electoral organisation. If possible, NEC would be delighted to help with the ballot recount if it means the stability of Gongshe and it's people's safety."
Back to top Go down
Gongshe

PostSubject: Re: Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe   Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 9:16 am

Saer Today: President Welcomes Nuernian Offer

President Elegor today held a press conference to announce that he would be accepting NuerNeo's offer to conduct a re-count of the presidential votes.

"I believe that it is important to squash any ideas of wrong-doing on my part as quickly as possible, so that my government can continue to get on with the job it has been elected to do."

Gongshe's electoral commission has been instructed to hold all ballot papers until requested by the NEC.
Back to top Go down
NuerNeo

NuerNeo

PostSubject: Re: Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe   Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:59 pm

OOC: Before I continue, could you give some background info on Elegor and Corr, as well as their stances towards other nations in NSW, especially NuerNeo.
Back to top Go down
Gongshe

PostSubject: Re: Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe   Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 7:51 am

OOC: Sure thing!

Elegor: has been President for 10 years (2 terms), and has just been elected for a third. In the beginning, he had overwhelming support from the country's white population, and even some of the 'Indies'. However, a number of suspicious deaths in custody and wrongdoings by a number of senior officers, although not proven to be under his orders, have seen the latter become disenchanted and become more supportive of other candidates. In the eyes of the 'whities', though, he is largely seen as a fair leader - a supporter of the equal, but separate, rights for all. International relations have not been furthered, nor hindered, during his 10 years in office. Economically-speaking, Elegor's Gongshe has been largely separated from the rest of the world, preferring to rely on local, government-subsidised production.

Corr: relatively young for a Presidential candidate, this is 32-year-old Corr's first time standing for election. Prior to her move into politics, she was the leader of a pressure group called 'Migrants Against Injustice', aiming to put pressure on Elegor's government to explain a number of alleged accounts of corruption, albeit with little success. However, the public nature of her campaigns has made her a seemingly popular candidate, and the public seemed to believe that she had a good chance of beating Elegor at the ballot box. In terms of foreign policy, whilst a believer in a mostly closed economy, Corr has announced that she is certainly for strengthening ties with other nations in the region, especially NuerNeo, which shares a similar economic policy.
Back to top Go down
NuerNeo

NuerNeo

PostSubject: Re: Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe   Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 8:10 pm

Chamber of the High Council, Houses of Parliament, West Horn, NuerNeo

"By the grace of our Comrade Voron Black, I hearby declare this legislative session open." stated Aria Warworth, NuerNeo's Minister of the Interior, "Let it be reminded that we are here to discuss President Elegor's decision to accept our offer of a ballot recount by NEC who would act as an impartial organisation."

"Well it's quite a no-brainer isn't it," said Senator Bach, "Corr must win the elections."

A roar of approval met Bach's words.

"A word Minister."

"The High Council recognises Councillor Star Smith."

"Corr is an intelligent woman, far more so than that idiot Elegor." Remarked Councillor Smith, "It could be of our best interest to keep him in power. After all, Elegor prefers keeping Gongshe isolated from the rest of New South Wales. If Corr rises to power, she'll undoubtedly try and re-open trade with Chimatsuri and possibly even Imperial Rusland and Kalamare too."

A muttering of uncertainty ensured.

"Do not misunderstand me, I do support Senator Bach's approval of Ms. Corr, however I do think that rushing into this decision is a mistake that will cost The People dearly."

"Well said Councillor. I must say..." Aria paused as a muttering of nervousness broke out in the chamber. Voron Black stood up shakily from his seat at the front of the chamber. "My dear Comrade, your illness, please you shouldn't..." Stammered Aria.

"No no, it's fine my dear Minister." Voron Black gave a wheezy cough and cleared his throat, "Firstly, thank you Councillor Smith, for your excellent insight into the matter, however Councillor Smith is quite right..." Voron Black was subdued into a coughing fit, and a few of the ministers rushed to his aid. He brushed them off, "... we need Corr. Our economy is in shambles from our isolation, and opening trade with Gongshe is the best way to ensure NuerNeo's superiority in New South Wales. If Elegor remains president, NuerNeo will be forced to open our borders to Chimatsuri and Kalamare, and I would rather die before I allow such a travesty to happen to our beautiful nation. NuerNeo must never fall into the hands of those capitalist pig-dogs!"

The chamber broke out into full applause and screams of approval filled the air.

"Please Comrade, you must rest." Said Aria gently.

"Yes yes, fine." And he let Aria help him into his seat.

"Then, by the will of our great Comrade Voron Black, do we all agree that Corr wins the Gongshe eletions."

"YES!"

"Then let it be so. Now, for our guest, Mr Amun, will it be possible for you and the NEC to make sure that Corr wins the elections by a constitutional majority?" Said Aria sweetly, looking at the nervous old man sitting in the corner of the chamber.

"Well yes, I suppose it can be arranged, but, I mean, umm, isn't this all a bit, well, wrong?" He stuttered nervously.

"No, our great Comrade Voron Black has issued his support of Ms. Corr, therefore Ms. Corr has the full support of The People of NuerNeo, and thus, it is not wrong. If you are part of The People, you will know that Ms. Corr is the right choice for Gongshe and for NuerNeo."

"I... I... yes I mean, yes of course. Corr will win the elections, I guarantee it Ms. Aria."

"Excellent. Then..." She glanced at Comrade Black, who nodded, "... by the will of our great Comrade Voron Black, the High Council is adjourned."

The Comrade's Friend
4/12/12

NEC Begins Gongshe Election Ballet Re-count

With President Elegor's approval, NEC has entered Gongshe to act as an impartial organisation who will head the re-count of the controversial ballot papers. If Elegor turns out to have only won the elections through fraud, then it could mean serious consequences for the President.

Nuernian Minister of the Interior, Ms. Aria Warworth, stated that, "Should President Elegor be found guilty of fraud, I will personally make sure that he steps down from office and accepts the full wrath of Gongshe's law."

The Comrade's Friend certainly hopes for President Elegor's sake that he hasn't cheated the elections, as Ms. Aria Warworth is one woman that you do not want on your bad side.

Author: James Slyth

The Comrade's Friend
12/12/12

Ballot's Counted, Corr Declared Winner, Elegor Must Face Justice!

After just more than a week, the election ballots have all been accounted for and NEC has declared Ms. Rosia Corr to be the true President of Gongshe. Not only did Ms. Corr win the elections, but she won a 75.4% majority, with Mr. Elegor obtaining only 17.3% (OOC: assuming your elections are not a two-party system like in the US) of votes. NuerNeo's Minister of the Interior, Ms. Aria Warworth, has expressed her outrage at Elegor's attempt at election fraud, and has given her full support to President Rosia Corr. The rest of the Nuernian High Council as well as the esteemed Comrade Voron Black, follow Ms. Aria's outrage. Our great Comrade Voron Black wishes to make a state visit to Gongshe, to personally congratulate President Rosia Corr on her winning of the election.

Author: Ronald Steph

Edit: Forgot to add date and author to last article.
Back to top Go down
Gongshe

PostSubject: Re: Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe   Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 8:36 pm

(OOC: Definitely not 2-party! Probably a good time to mention also that Saer today is not a government-run/supported paper. The government prefers to publish press releases, than give the media a chance to twist it's words. Corr's use of the 'people's media' is one of the reasons why she became so popular)

12/12/12 Official Press Statement: Justice Elegor

Elegor: "I have come to address you all today following the absolute SCANDAL which is the Nuernian's government's attempt to remove my government from power. For their ballot count to differ so drastically from that which our own counters announced, there must be corruption involved - and I'm sure that my supporters know which side that it must be coming from. As such, I will not be complying with the Nuernian expectation that I will hand over the presidency to Ms Corr.

Saer Today: Corr Welcomes Nuernian Announcement, But Not In Hurry to Take Reins
13/12/12
Reporter Samiyah Leur

A ballot re-count by the Nuernian Election Committee has announced Rosia Corr as the rightful President of Gongshe, contrary to the original result declared a fortnight ago.

When asked about her reaction, Ms Corr simply said, "It feels surreal. I had accepted my defeat - although, I must admit, not happily - so to have it overturned hasn't really sunk in yet."

However, it does not seem like Ms Corr's transition into Opal House will be a smooth one, with the incumbent Elegor unwilling to hand over the reins. When told of Elegor's comments, Corr laughed, saying, "Just give him time. He'll find the front door in his own time - and if he doesn't, I'm sure we have friends internationally who would be only too happy to help him."
Back to top Go down
NuerNeo

NuerNeo

PostSubject: Re: Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe   Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 9:09 pm

(OOC: Ok well just to clarify, although you've probably guessed, that The People's Voice and The Comrade's Friend are both state newspapers.)

The People's Voice

We Could Say the Same Thing - Ms. Aria Warworth
13/12/12

"It is not unsurprising to see Mr. Elegor's... reluctance, to step down from his undeserving seat of power as Gongshe's president, although I do agree with Mr. Elegor on one statement, it is strange for the ballots to differ so drastically from the initial count. When an impartial party counts the ballots, the votes swing to Ms. Corr, yet when a... well, not so impartial party counts the ballots, the votes swing towards Mr. Elegor. I think the People of Gongshe can see for themselves where the corruption is coming from, and that it is definitely not stemming from NuerNeo, the NEC or Ms. Corr." Was the statement released by Ms. Aria Warworth.

Ms. Aria then continued to condemn Mr. Elegor, "If Mr. Elegor does not comply with the re-count that was accepted by him in the first place, then NuerNeo will view Mr. Elegor's resistance as a Coup d'état against Ms. Corr and the government of Gongshe. To prevent all measures of chaos reigning in Gongshe, NuerNeo will mobilise all available manpower to aid Ms. Corr in regaining her position in Opal House as quickly as possible, provided she, as the true president of Gongshe, accepts this aid. This is the will of our great Comrade Voron Black."

Foreign Minister Mikael Frus has also announced the temporary re-opening of the Gongshe-NuerNeo border, in order to allow the oppressed Peoples of Gongshe to gain temporary residence in NuerNeo from Elegor and his false regime. "All immigrants from Gongshe will receive state supplies and shelter during their stay in NuerNeo. However once order has been restored in Gongshe, they will have to be deported back to their native cities. The State of NuerNeo will gladly cover all transport expenses to allow Gongshe's People to return to their cities once their homeland is safe."

Author: James Slyth

Troops Ready to Roll-out
15/12/12

Comrade Voron Black has ordered Grand Marshal Vladimir III to place troops near the Gongshe-NuerNeo border to aid immigrants and to wait on the word of Ms. Corr whether or not to strike against Elegor in the city of Saer. The Serenity Brigade, famous for its storming of the city Set, previous stronghold of the terrorist group IFA, 3 years ago, is stationed in the city Timuur awaiting orders.
Back to top Go down
Gongshe

PostSubject: Re: Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe   Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 7:17 am

15/12/12 Official Press Statement: Spokesperson Murray on behalf of Justice Elegor

"The President has been called away from his duties as leader of Gongshe for family reasons. He will be unavailable for comment on his presidential status, nor any other issue, for the forseeable future."

Saer Today: Corr Welcomes Support From NuerNeo
16/12/12
Reporter Samiyah Leur

It seems that, despite her initial wish to give Elegor time to step down, Rosia Corr is likely to accept NuerNeo's offer to assist her entry to the Opal House.

"Talking to some of my dearest friends and supporters, the general consensus is that my supporters wish for me to take the reins as soon as humanly possible - and, as President, who am I to deny the people?"

It is believed that one of Corr's most trusted assistants will travel to West Horn later tonight, to express her wishes to the Nuernian High Council in the early hours of tomorrow morning.

Elegor, who has not been seen publicly since his press conference on the 12th, is believed to have gone into hiding following NuerNeo's pledge of support to Ms Corr.
Back to top Go down
NuerNeo

NuerNeo

PostSubject: Re: Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe   Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 4:12 pm

The People's Voice
16/12/12
Elegor Flees - Fears Nuernian Support of Corr

Justice Elegor, ex-president of Gongshe, has fled Opal House for 'family reasons', following Ms. Aria Warworth's pledge of military aid to President Corr of Gongshe. Serenity Brigade is still based in Timuur waiting to support Corr should there be any supporters of Elegor who would try to resist her rise into office.

The High Council of NuerNeo also warmly welcomes a visit from one President Corr's assistants. Hopefully this will bring a new era of stability, equality and success to our glorious nations, and maybe even influence that of the rest of the New South Wales.

Author: Sigard Weet

"By the grace of our Comrade Voron Black, I hereby declare this session open." Said Aria, "We have a guest here from Gongshe, a loyal and trusted associate of President Corr. I speak on behalf our Comrade Voron Black, who I'm afraid, could not be here today, and the rest of the High Council, in welcoming you here to NuerNeo."
Back to top Go down
Gongshe

PostSubject: Re: Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe   Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 7:28 pm

Chamber of the High Council, West Horn, NuerNeo

Lloyton Barrack stood to address the High Council. "Esteemed Councillors, please let me introduce myself as Assistant Lloyton Barrack, Personal Secretary to Rosia Corr, President of Gongshe. I have come in to your presence today to express the president's humble gratitute toward your country's role in re-counting the Gongshean Presidential Ballot, as well as this noble Council's offers of military assistance. Please ensure that this appreciation is passed on to Comrade Voron Black, and let him know that his presence at this sitting was missed."

Lloyton paused, clearing his throat. "As I'm sure you will have heard by now, Councillors, ex-president Elegor is believed to have gone into hiding to avoid being stripped of his falsely-held title. In the eyes of the incoming President, it has become evident that it will take more than time for Elegor to step down. As such, on behalf of President Rosia Corr, I humbly accept the Nuernian High Council's offer of military assistance to ensure that Ms Corr may begin her rein in the Opal House.
I also request of the Council that, whilst the specifics of the anticipated military operations are finalised, I be granted permission to remain in West Horn, to serve as a diplomatic link between the High Council and President Corr."
Back to top Go down
NuerNeo

NuerNeo

PostSubject: Re: Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe   Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 8:19 pm

"I'll order the Serenity Brigade to mobilse as soon as the session is over." Said Marshal Vladimir, "Opal House will be secured in a matter of hours. I will also instruct my troops to be armed with rubber bullets, and to only switch to live rounds if they encounter deadly resistance."

"Thank you Marshal, and as for the matter of Elegor himself, I think it would be better if NuerNeo handles the task of searching from him." Remarked Councillor Lisa Harrington, "After all, President Corr will have enough on her plate trying to smooth the transition into Opal House, without having to worry about him. Once we have him captured, he will immediately be returned to the Gongshean authorities to be tried according to your justice system."

"Yes, NuerNeo would be better suited to heading the search for Elegor than Gonsghe." Said Aria, "Of course, if President Corr would prefer that Gongshe heads the hunt for Elegor, we would be happy to assist in any way possible. Also, we are delighted in the news of you staying here in NuerNeo. I will have someone escort you to your new home as soon as the session is over."

The session carried on, with nothing more worth of note.

"Well, unless our Guest has any last minute things he wishes to state or discuss, I think it is about time we closed up." Stated Aria.
Back to top Go down
Gongshe

PostSubject: Re: Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe   Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 5:47 pm

Lloyton stood with his head bowed, in a traditional gesture of appreciation. "I thank NuerNeo for it's kindness in providing me with accommodation for the duration of my stay. I, too, believe it would be best for the hunt for Elegor to be conducted by by NuerNeo, and give my permission for this to occur. However, I will not be able to pass notice of my decision onto President Corr until late tonight, and so I ask that no public announcement of today's discussions are made until my express approval is given. I believe that this is all that I have to discuss today, esteemed members of the High Council."

-----

Saer Today: Elegor Has Returned - or, at least, his car has
17/12/12
Reporter Vanity Char

Disgraced President Justice Elegor's state-issued car has been spotted pulling into the Opal House in the early hours of this morning by a citizen walking his dog.

Upon hearing the news, Saer Today sent a team of reporters to confirm the report. As our informant said, the black sports car was to be found outside the House's front entrance, but knocks on the door received no reply. As such,it remains unconfirmed whether or not Elegor has returned.
Back to top Go down
NuerNeo

NuerNeo

PostSubject: Re: Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe   Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 3:58 am

"That is fine, we'll announce the search for Elegor tomorrow. In the meantime, my troops will begin mobilisation and secure Opal House. I'll also have some of my best men act as an escort for Ms. Corr, to ensure her safe arrival at Opal House."

"Thank you Marshal," Said Aria, " and thank you Mr Lloyton. I'll have Emily, my Assistant here, show you to your accommodation. I'm afraid it probably isn't as luxurious as to what you're used to, since we try keep our accommodation at a very basic level. Also, I'd like to meet with Councillor Smith and Senator Bach in the Archives. Now, by the grace of our Comrade Voron Black, I declare this meeting adjourned."

Everyone began heading out of the Chamber, Aria met with Smith and Bach as they headed for the Archives. Emily waited for Lloyton to get ready to leave.

"Whenever you are ready to leave Sir." Emily said to Lloyton.

"Well that went well." Said Smith.

"Indeed." Muttered Bach

"Are you positive Emily will make sure that Lloyton does nothing to jeopardise our plans?"

"Absolutely." Answered Aria, "She is a beautiful, charming, intelligent young woman. She'll make sure that he stays in check."

"Good, and how goes our Comrade Voron Black? Has there been any improvement in his health yet? A cure maybe?" Asked Bach.

"No not yet I'm afraid. The doctors are doing their best, but I fear the worst..." Answered Aria.

There was silence for a moment.

"Maybe we should ask for help from Kalamare or Chimat..." Said Smith cautiously.

"No. You know he has no wish to get aid from those people, and neither do I relish the thought of pleading to those bastards. Besides, we have the best doctors in New South Wales, if they cannot help our Comrade, no one can."

Silence again.

"Smith, please inform Vladimir to make sure that an accident occurs to Elegor once he is found. Make it look as if one of the local Indies did it."

"Yes Ms. Aria"

Smith walks out of the room.

"Ms. Aria?" Questioned Bach.

"Please authorise a shipment of prisoners to arrive here as soon as possible. The doctors will need them for testing. Make sure they're of the violent type."
Back to top Go down
Gongshe

PostSubject: Re: Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe   Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 11:06 am

(OOC: Sorry it's a short one, I'm a bit pressed for time - plus, I'm curious to see what NuerNeo has planned)

Lloyton finished stowing papers away in his briefcase, pleased with the outcome of the day's meeting. He looks up at Emily, the young woman who will be escorting him to his accommodation. She was beautiful, and something in her eyes told Lloyton that there was a good brain in her head. Emily was the kind of person that he would normally be itching to talk to, but not today. To be completely honest with himself, Lloyton was exhausted. After all, he was a mere secretary - he knew enough to keep himself afloat in their regular office debates, but this kind of intense diplomacy was beyond his training.
"Ready when you are."
Back to top Go down
NuerNeo

NuerNeo

PostSubject: Re: Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe   Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 4:11 pm

(OOC: No problem, and I'm afraid you'll have to wait a bit before you see NuerNeo's plans Smile )

"Excellent, please follow me Sir." Emily said.

They walked out of the Parliament Houses and across the High Street towards a block of flats. The guard, recognising Emily, greeted the two.

"Hello again Ms. Emily, I hope you've had a good day. The guard said, "And you must be the diplomat from Gongshe." He nodded towards Lloyton, "It's good to have you here Sir. I hope you have a pleasant stay in NuerNeo."

"Thank you Keets, I hope you have a good day too." Emily said as she opened the door for Lloyton.

The two headed up a flight of stairs to the second floor, and stopped at apartment number 52.

"This is your room Sir." Emily smiled and handed Lloyton the keys, "I do hope your stay will be comfortable. My apartment is directly to the left of you, number 54, so if you require anything, please do not hesitate to ask." Emily handed Lloyton a cellphone, "This phone is on a secure line, and is untraceable. Ms. Aria, Marshall Vladimir and my numbers are already added in case you need to call us. But enough of that, I'm sure you are quite tired, and you've had a long day, I suggest you get some rest. Breakfast starts at 8am tomorrow in the lounge, but you can always call me if you'd prefer eating in your apartment and I'll sort something out."

"Secure the perimeter, secure the pathways!" Screamed the Colonel, "Major, lead a company into Opal House to make sure there is no resistance. Corr must not find any dissidents in the building when she arrives."

"Yes Sir!" The Major replied as he walked off.

An APC stood parked outside the home of Rosia Corr. Two soldiers got out to knock on the front door.

"Lieutenant, radio ahead and check that the path to Opal House is secure while I speak to Ms. Corr." Said the one soldier.

"Yes Captain." Replied the Lieutenant.

The Captain knocked on the door...

PostSubject: Re: Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe   Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 9:05 pm

(OOC: Sorry if my passive RP style doesn't give much to work with, but I'm trusting your plans for the moment - and, let's face it, in this diplomatic relationship NuerNeo's obviously wearing the pants!)

"Thankyou, Ms. Emily." Lloyton bows his head slightly. "I presume I will be seeing you in the lounge at eight, then?"

Lloyton proceeds to kick off his shoes and lay, fully clothed, on the bed which is to be his for the forseeable future. He closed his eyes and sighed happily - at age 22, acting as personal secretary to the President of Gongshe was more than he could ever have hoped for. As long as relations with NuerNeo continued smoothly, he thought, he could end up a very wealthy - and powerful - man.

-----
Home of Rosia Corr

Pulling her hair back into a rough ponytail, Rosia looked through the peep-hole in her front door. Ah! It was the Nuernian soldiers she was told to expect! She looked down at her outfit, screwing up her nose at the messy jeans and shirt she had been wearing whilst working in the garden with her daughter. 'Oh well', she thought, 'no time to change now.'

She opened the door, smiling warmly at her Nuernian visitors. "Greetings, Comrades, what can I do for you?"
Back to top Go down
NuerNeo

NuerNeo

PostSubject: Re: Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe   Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 3:46 am

(OOC: I have a long term plan in mind, so I don't mind if you make your own twists and turns in the plot of the rp, I'm sure it'll be interesting)

Emily closed the door to her apartment, poured herself a cup of tea and dialed Aria's number.

"This is Emily, Ms. Aria. Lloyton has settled into his apartment without any problems."

"Good. Keets has installed the cameras in his apartment and him and his team will keep constant surveillance on Lloyton. Make sure you get regular reports from Keets on Lloyton's behaviour."

"I will do my best Ms. Aria."

"I know you will, otherwise I would not have given this task to you. You are planning to give Lloyton a tour of West Horn tomorrow?"

"Yes, tomorrow or the day after, depending on his mood."

"That's fine, make sure he enjoys his time here. That's all for now Emily, thank you."

The Captain and his Lieutenant immediately stood to attention and gave Rosia Corr a salute.

"Greetings Comrade Corr. I am Captain Bridges and this is Lieutenant Short. We have been ordered to escort you safely to Opal House to ensure you and your administrations immediate control of Gongshe. We are just waiting for confirmation from the rest of the checkpoints before we leave Ma'am. Umm, if you're ready that is."
Back to top Go down
Gongshe

PostSubject: Re: Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe   Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 8:17 am

Home of Rosia Corr

"Just give me 5 minutes to get changed, then I'm good to go!"

------

Saer Today: Opal House Secured, Corr Presidency Begins!
18/12/12
Reporter Trinny Lowe

Nuernian forces have secured Opal House and allowed President Rosia Corr to take her rightful place as political leader of Gongshe.

Earlier today, we were able to confirm a rumour that Ms Corr is expected to break with tradition and continue to live in her family home in Saer, using her quarters in the Opal House during diplomatic visits only. On the subject, Ms Corr said, "I'm a mother first, and a president second. I want Adelina to have as normal a childhood as possible - which means allowing her to stay here."

As for her leadership, Ms Corr is expected to announce the senior members of her administration at a press conference tomorrow afternoon. It is expected that Mr Lloyton Barrack, who has taken up a post in NuerNeo to act on Ms Corr's behalf, will be included in this history-making administration.

There has been no news of former president Justice Elegor's whereabouts since Corr's move into the Opal House.
Back to top Go down
NuerNeo

NuerNeo

PostSubject: Re: Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe   Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 8:53 pm

(OOC: since NuerNeo is heading the investigation of the whereabouts of Elegor, do you mind if I godmod a bit, just so the investigation can have some leads.)

Outside of Opal House, Gongshe

"So this is Elegor's car that appeared here before Corr's arrival at Opal House?" Asked the Colonel.

"Yes sir, it's been sitting here ever since, but no one's seen Elegor or anyone connected to him near the vehicle." Said one of the employees at Opal House.

"Okay, thank you for your help. The Colonel said. He turned towards a team of forensics, "Search the car, strip it down, do whatever you need to find out where Elegor went or was."

Emily sat down at an empty table and ordered a small breakfast of fruit salad and a cup of coffee. She grabbed a copy of The People's Voice from a nearby table and quickly scanned through the headlines: Corr Begins Presidency... No Casualties in Gongshe... No Reports of Gongshe Ex-President... State Proclaims Weapons Tests at Gaol a Success...

Her food arrived and she decided to wait for Lloyton before she began to eat. After all, it would be rude to start without him.
Back to top Go down
Gongshe

PostSubject: Re: Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe   Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 8:53 pm

(OOC: I don't mind at all!)

The Lounge, West Horn, NuerNeo

Lloyton rushed down the stairs, running his fingers through his hair in an attempt to tame it. Upon reaching the lounge, he looks around the room, and spots Emily sitting in the back corner. He walks over to her table and, still straightening his tie, sits down opposite her."

Lloyton nodded his head by way of greeting, and turns his attention to the menu. Unfamiliar with many of the breakfast options, which vary greatly from breakfasts in his hometown, he decided to order the same as what Emily had.

With one last ruffle of his hair, Lloyton clears his throat and addresses Emily. "So, Ms. Emily, what is the plan for today?"
Back to top Go down
NuerNeo

NuerNeo

PostSubject: Re: Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe   Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 2:40 am

The Lounge, West Horn, NuerNeo

"Morning Mr. Lloyton. I hope you found your first night here in West Horn to be a comfortable one." said Emily, flashing Lloyton a smile, "Ms. Aria or the Councillors haven't schedule any Council meetings for the day so if you would like I can give you a tour of the city, or if you would prefer you may of course tour the city yourself or whatever you really like. Oh and I hope you don't mind the lack of meat foods, NuerNeo is strictly vegetarian."

"Report!"

"Nothing of use found in Elegor's car Colonel sir! We've spoken to Elegor's driver who says that Elegor made regular visits to his vacation house in southern Gognshe. He also visited a local "club", where he was quite the popular man." Reported the Captain.

"Oh I bet he was. Anything else?"

"Elegor left without his wife and both children, just up and left everything behind."

"Most men would take their family into hiding with them."

"Maybe Elegor took someone else into hiding with. Maybe someone young and female? Maybe from the club?" Smirked the Captain.

"Or maybe he's hiding at that someone young and female's home. Question everyone at the club. Also get some men to check out the vacation house, just in case."
Back to top Go down
Gongshe

PostSubject: Re: Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe   Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 4:03 pm

"A tour sounds fantastic," Lloyton smiled. "As for the food - it's certainly very different from home, but so far, I'm impressed."

As if to prove a point, he began to shovel down his recently arrived fruit salad. In the middle of a mouthful, his mobile phone began to ring. He gulped down the food in his mouth, and excused himself from the table in order to take the call.

"Hello?....Oh, hello Rosie, didn't recognise your number....No, no, everything's well here - how are you holding up?.....Already?.....Wow, it's certainly moving fast on your end, isn't it....What is it?.....Oh, I - I don't - know what to say, thankyou Ms Corr - sorry, Rosie - I'd be honoured....No, I'm not in my room, taking breakfast with a lovely Nuernian girl, Emily, who is showing me around....Okay, sure, I'll call you tonight....Bye!"

Saer Today
20th December 2012

Elegor's Wife Files For Divorce!
Reporter Harlow Bennit

Juniper Elegor, wife of the disgraced former president, was rumoured to have filed for divorce at around midday yesterday.

Only a few hours later, June (as she is known to her friends) confirmed this herself, by calling the Saer Today office to offer to do an interview on her husband's dubious past.

She told reporters that she had "never supported Justice's political persuits - but, like everyone else, was terrified of him, and kept my mouth shut." She also gave insight into some of his most immoral conduct. "He often wouldn't come home after work - I heard from a friend of mine who works as a bartender, that rather than eat dinner with his family, he would frequent a number of bars. They weren't the kind of bars where you'd just go for a meal and a drink with friends though, oh no - there were other businesses running on the side, if you know what I mean. That's how he met Zinnia."

When questioned further, June revealed that her husband had been keeping a mistress, known to her only as Zinnia, for much of their marriage. "Obviously, I only just found out - otherwise, I would have filed for divorce sooner. He did many awful things, that man did, but this was the final straw."

June has agreed to co-operate with Nuernian officials to help locate 'Zinnia', who may have knowledge as to the whereabouts of Justice Elegor.

Corr Advisory Panel Announced

In a media statement released in the early hours of this morning, President Rosia Corr announced the senior Advisory Panel which would be supporting her in this term of government.

The most notable appointment was that of Mr Lloyton Barrack who, in recognition of his representation of Ms Corr in NuerNeo, has been announced as Gongshe's first Ambassador to NuerNeo.

Mr Barrack, who served as the President's personal assistant during the election campaign, was unavailable to comment on his appointment, as he currently located in West Horn.

The full Senior Advisory Panel is as follows:
Advocate for Education - Ms Eden L. Barrit
Advocate for Public Transport - Mr Pax Freedom Jollie
Advocate for the Economy - Ms Lavinder Lake Bhara
Advocate for Health Services - Ms Briar Somerton
Advocate for Fire and Police - Mr Eevan Rawl
Advocate for Social Security - Ms Lark Hadler-Brae
Advocate for Roads - Mr Edmund F. Tilder
Ambassador to NuerNeo - Mr Lloyton Pryor Barrack

Back to top Go down
NuerNeo

NuerNeo

PostSubject: Re: Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe   Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 2:10 am

(OOC: Just a thought. Would this RP thread end with a conclusion to Elegor's 'predicament' or would it still carry on from their? Just wondering since the elections are over, Corr has her administration set up and she seems to have a stable hold on the government. Elegor seems to be the only loose end.)

While waiting for Lloyton, Emily busied herself with finishing off her fruit salad. Once Lloyton was done, she said, "Once you're finished with your breakfast we can catch the bus to the Night District, there are some beautiful examples of pre-Independence War architecture and the last preserved statue of Jacob Lens, the last president of Segregated NuerNeo."

Emily showed Lloyton all the greatest cultural sites of West Horn. First they visited the University District - the only University in NuerNeo to have an entire district dedicated to it (it also boasted NuerNeo's largest library), the Museum of National History and Philosophy, the Starred Tower (actually a fort built during the founding years of West Horn to protect the city's western coast) and ended in the Plaza District for dinner. The Plaza District contained most of West Horn's restaurants and entertainment centers, the latter of which only opened after working hours (6:30pm).

Emily handed over four food stamps (2 stamps are required for a meal (per person) at a restaurant) to the manager of the restaurant, who showed Emily and Lloyton to their seats.

"This is one of my favourite restaurants in the city." said Emily, "The vegetable stew is amazing on a cold night and the Zucchini is just delicious."

A waiter walked over to their table and handed over two menus to Emily and Lloyton, "Welcome to sir, and welcome back Ms. Emily."

"Hi Jorn. You've had a good day I hope."

"Pretty great actually, not one old blighter moaning about the good old days when they could order a steak without getting the first degree and a lecture about the laws."

Emily laughed.

"Well just call when you're ready to order ma'am and sir." said Jorn as he walked off.

"I hope you enjoyed the tour. I'm sorry if I missed out bits..." Emily giggled, "... or if I totally bored you to tears, but I was never the greatest in my national history. I was actually quite surprised Ms. Aria suggested me to show you around the city. Not that I'm complaining of course.” She added hastily.

Aria giggled in excitement as she read the reports coming in from Gongshe. Elegor's little sex scandal was rapidly crushing the last bit of reputation he had remaining, the Colonel's men were closing in on Elegor and Corr had no reason to suspect any foul play on NuerNeo's part.

Aria lay down on her bed, thinking. Perhaps, a parade was in order. NuerNeo hasn't had a holiday for a while, and now was the perfect time to celebrate. New ties with Gongshe, a socialist order beginning in a neighbouring nation, and rumours that the doctors have made a breakthrough with Voron's illness – what was not to celebrate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe   Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe Empty

Back to top Go down

Election Result Causes Upset in Gongshe
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New South Wales Space Station :: Roleplay :: Roleplay Threads-
Jump to: